Terms and conditions for advertising
The Publisher – MiniMagazines
1. The Publisher reserves the right to omit or suspend any advertisement even though accepted and paid for and to make any alterations necessary to maintain the standards of the magazines The Publishers do not accept responsibility for the omission of a single advertisement or one or more of a series of advertisements, from any cause whatsoever, nor do they accept liability for any loss or damage caused by an error or inaccuracy in the printing of an advertisement.
2. It is the responsibility of the advertiser to check the first insertion of any series of advertisements and notify the publisher immediately of any errors. The publisher assumes no responsibility for the repetition of errors unless notified by the advertiser. No re-insertion, refund or adjustment will be made unless the error has been notified to the publisher in writing within 7 days of the first insertion of the advertisement.
3. The advertiser agrees to indemnify the publisher in respect of all costs, damages or other charges falling upon the magazine as the result of legal actions or threatened legal actions arising from the publication of the advertisement.
4. Advertising booked and paid in advance by the customer or his representatives for any size and duration is non refundable although provided the advertiser and general nature of the ad content remains the same, the content of advertisements for that ad campaign may be amended and new advert copy supplied by the customer at any time during the booking with appropriate notice.
5. Other than occasional specified or one-off advert arrangements that coincide with specific dated events the advertiser agrees that all advertising accepted is based on a booking minimum of 6 insertions.
6.Other than occasional specified or one-off advert arrangements that coincide with specific dated events the advertiser agrees to provide the publisher with 3 full months notice (which is equivalent to 3 not yet published issues) of cancellation of advertising in writing /via email.
7. When advertising rates have been discounted due to an agreed commitment for volume or duration of advertisements by a customer or the customer’s representative or agency and the agreement is amended, changed or reduced by the customer, or the customer’s representative or agent prior to all payments for that booking being received by the Publisher which effects the overall advertisement volume or duration as agreed, then the Publisher will charge an admin fee as well as a charge equivalent to the amount of discount and commission if applicable received by the customer or his representatives.
8. The Publisher reserves the right to invoice the customer for ads booked and not taken.
9. COPY DEADLINE
(a) All copy must be received on the dates as specified by the media information or as agreed with the publisher.
(b) The publisher reserves the right to pass on an origination charge if artwork supplied requires further modification in order for it to be ready for print. We do not accept supplied film.
10. SETTLEMENT OF ACCOUNTS
(a) All invoices for ad bookings must be paid prior to publication.
(a) Non-payment within this time may result in a late payment charge of 5% above bank base rate and refusal to carry advertisements and legal action if required.
(b) If legal action is required your account will be suspended. We will invoice you to cover the cost of debt recovery and your account status will be changed You will also be charged applicable late payment interest on outstanding debt on all claims made against you.
(c) The existence of a query on any individual invoice will not affect the due date of payment for the balance of the account.
(d) All accounts should be settled by BACS to the account details on each invoice. Cheques should be made to Y.H. Atkins and sent to MiniMagazines. 22, Old Watling Street, Flamstead, Herts, AL3 8HL
The copyright for all purposes in all artwork, copy and other material, which the Publisher or employees have originated, contributed to or re-worked shall vest in the Publisher. The Publisher shall not be liable for any accidental or unavoidable loss of damage to artwork supplied by the advertiser or their agent.
12 .INTEREST ON LATE PAYMENT
All overdue amounts will be charged at a rate of 5% p.a. above bank base rate.